Wednesday, January 31, 2018

My road trip to Srirangapatna


For the first time ever, I had decided to go on a long drive by my bike Royal Enfield Thunderbird and the day arrived in Feb 2015.

It was a regular Friday, just like all other regular 9 to 5 corporate workers it was an ordinary day however for me the day was full with enthusiasm and thrilling feeling because I had to visit Srirangapatna as part of my content aggregation for the development of the Android app that my client firm was developing. I had decided to go there by bike as planned the previous day and also gained the necessary inputs and going there by bike would help me explore the places around more effortlessly.

My ride started with both exhilaration and a little bit nervous as this was my first ever solo ride and was bit anxious. I left Bangalore at 6:25 am heading towards Srirangapatna via Mysore road. The road was very excellent and I tried to stay within 60-80 kmph, yet I couldn't resist and started reaching 100 kmph as applicable when traffic ahead was free. For quite a distance I could go between 80-100. I passed by towns Ramanagaram and Mandya.I rode for nearly 3 hours.

An arch on the road welcomed me to Srirangapatna. I continued ahead and after a bridge, I saw a similar board on the right side, I took a right turn and entered gateway of a fort. In few meters, I drove by Masjid on right, took this right and kept going straight. Within some time, I found on a left board says to goes to Sri Ranganthaswamy temple.

I reached the temple at 10:15 am, I had good darshan and later collected information related to my archaeology content which I needed. Continuing my journey I visited Tipu’s palace, Tipu Death place, Colonel Bailey’s dungeon but I when I visited another dungeon by name, Thomas dungeon which was located on a hillock. I climbed it and just was enjoying the scenic beauty of the whole town I slipped and I nearly would have fallen into my death. I don’t know whether my previous birth virtues saved me or the darshan of Sri Ranganthaswamy.That day I said to myself you have to be quite cautious that just you have luck you should not try it.


I later continued my journey visited other places and later had lunch and did some shopping at Cauvery handicrafts and bought sandalwood based artifacts as the souvenir for which the city is famous for. I finally left by 4 pm to reach Bangalore but yet a journey never to forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment